Established on January 1, 2016, Tier 1 Utility Design, Inc. (Tier 1) is a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE), experienced in providing design and drafting services associated with Utility substations. Our team of experienced professionals has an extensive background in the design and drafting of drawings related to substations, switchyards, and overhead and underground transmission projects.
Tier 1 provides services such as Physical Electrical Design for new or brownfield substations and transmission stations, Wiring Design, Structural Design and drafting. Tier 1 can provide 2D or 3D design packages in either AutoCAD or MicroStation and supports the Utility AutoCAD design users group and the Bentley substation design software package.
In addition to our product design and drafting capabilities, we focus on our document-controlled Quality Assurance program to ensure the highest quality. Our QA program directs Tier 1’s processes for assuring delivered products are of the highest quality, conforming to industry standard and client standard requirements.
In addition to Tier 1’s main office in Reading, PA, we have personnel strategically located in regional offices. These regional offices include: Vestal, NY; Newark, DE; Jackson, MI and Alexandria, VA.
Tier 1 utilizes many software programs including but not limited to: AutoCAD, Navisworks, Infraworks, 3D Max, Inventor, AutoCAD Raster Design, Visual Design Pro, MicroStation, and Bentley Substation V8i 3-D.
It is our mission to be a first-choice provider in detailed design and drafting services for utility infrastructure projects for our AE and utility clients.
To achieve this vision, everyday our team strives to constantly improve our performance by:
- Operating as a cohesive team, with an emphasis on communication and efficiency with those whom we are providing service
- Forging and maintaining customers by exceeding expectations and deeply valuing our client relationships
- Implementing a rigorous, industry-leading QA/QC program
- Committing to environmentally friendly design
- Providing a fulfilling, rewarding, and safe environment for our employees
- Providing exceptional service at a reasonable cost
- Achieving solid financial performance